New Charmers Arrive!

As the new year begins, new people arrive. This year there are five new officers.  Each of them are excited to lead the team to first place in competition this year. This year the Charmers will kick off the year with a three week summer camp starting at 8am and ending at 5pm. The officers went through a rigorous tryout process and all of them are prepared and ready to take The Cherokee Charmers to the top.  After the summer camp ends, school begins, and football season kicks off. Football season is what every “rookie” and new officer looks forward to.

“You will always remember that first feeling you have when you step onto the football field for the first time,” said Mrs. Pointer. Each practice is challenging but it prepares the team for football season, competition, and spring show. “Everyone will work for that uniform, no one will get it handed to them,” said Pointer.

Every girl on the team has to put blood, sweat and tears into the Charmers to be able to call their self a Cherokee Charmer. Charmers becomes a second family to every girl that is a part of the organization, the girls on the team become each others best friends and sisters. Being a Charmer takes a lot of hard work, dedication, self-motivation, respect, and discipline but in the end it is all worth it because every girl learns life lessons and becomes a part of a family that can never be broken.