Breaking News
The student news site of Waxahachie High School

The Arrow

The Arrow

The Arrow

Trippie Redd Album Review

Trippie Redd spoke out about the ‘LIFE’S A TRIP’ record during an Instagram Live stream back in May, claiming the album would arrive sometime this  July. It has been almost a year since he has last released new music, with his last album, “A Love Letter to You 2”, having been released in September of 2017.

After several teasers and a brief delay, Trippie’s long-awaited album had finally arrived on August 10. The first track, Together, gives a soft harmonizing melody to start off the album. The album features some of his hit singles that were released before the full album, such as Dark Knight Dummo featuring Travis Scott and Wish, produced by Diplo.

Trippie Redd has reached a peak in his career with his album debuting at Number 4 on Billboard 200 at 72,000 units sold by the first week, surprising his rival, Tekashi 6ix9ine, that said ‘LIFE’S A TRIP’ would be a flop.

Trippie has received a lot of support on his album, and the majority seem to love it, especially for his versatility.

Many students here at Waxahachie High School thoroughly enjoy Trippie’s music and his especially this recent album.

“I have a some of the songs on my playlist… BANG!, Taking A Walk and Wish“, says Junior Jackson Bell.

Many believe Trippie will continue to be very active in the industry if he keeps going in the direction he’s headed. His album was a tremendous success and will continue to be so.