CC has a shot at State?

Cross Country season is kicking off this year strong with Waxahachie’s first ever home meet.  The Woodhouse Invitational was named after a former Waxahachie Cross Country coach who led the varsity boys team to win several consecutive district championships and also led to some members to the state qualifiers. The first race occurred at the Lakeview camp last Saturday, August 29. The meet was a success and the boys varsity team took 3rd place out of 13 teams. The team has been running all summer and each runner has his /her heart set on victory. Derek Espinoza took first place in the varsity boys race running a 16.13 5k. This was his personal record and is only a few seconds away from breaking a Waxahachie school record. Other runners of the boys varsity team including Kirby Chandler, Brandon Gilliland as well as myself, whom all ran personal best times as well. Coach Edward De La Cruz sees a bright future for the team and believes that “with hard work, dedication and a sense of pride for the program, we will be in a great position to make a State run”. This is a difficult and challenging task for the runners, however with the workout plan that the team follows, along with hard work, they have a chance of grasping victory and winning the District meet for the first time in 15 years.