Breaking News
The student news site of Waxahachie High School

The Arrow

The Arrow

The Arrow

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS

The Dallas Cowboys, who many thought were going to lose to the New York Giants, ended up winning the game. The Cowboys grabbed a 19-3 victory over the Giants at home. The Dallas defense, that many thought was going to be the team’s downfall this season, played a outstanding game forcing the Giants to have very short time of possession and only three points to show for.

The Dallas Cowboys left the field with a total of 436 yards offensively, and with 356 of those yards passing. WR Cole Beasley, one of the most talked about receivers right now, made one of the greatest catches in history. It is now being remembered on a t-shirt.

Another Cowboy made history. Veteran TE Jason Witten surpassed former Cowboy and Hall of Fame receiver, Michael Irvin, with the franchise’s all time receiving yards. Owner Jerry Jones made the following statement regarding Witten’s great accomplishment, “I just swelled up with pride.” Jason and other other teammates like Cole Beasley also spoke on the hot topic. Witten went on to talk about all the QBs he played with in Dallas .

Dallas is now 1-0 to start the season with hope to keep their momentum going and pick up a road win against the 1-0 Denver Broncos this Sunday.