Breaking News
The student news site of Waxahachie High School

The Arrow

The Arrow

The Arrow

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Waxahachie High School HOSA will be collecting cards made out to Breast Cancer patients the week of October 7-11.

Last year was the first year that HOSA decided to implement such an event and it went better than they could have ever imagined. Over three dozen cards were collected and picked up by representatives from the Baylor Scott and White hospital located here in Waxahachie and  distributed among their breast cancer patients. They couldn’t have been more excited to see how much thought the students of WHS put into sharing their love for those in need of a little something to make them smile.

“It’s so amazing what y’all are doing,” said one of the representatives, “The patients will absolutely love these.”

This year HOSA is challenging the faculty to also get involved and see the impact they can make in the lives of others.

“I’m so happy to be doing this and can’t wait to see the turnout this year,” said HOSA’s Vice President Alivia Jones, “I think the cards will bring joy to the patients and an aspiration to get better.”

If every student at the high school were to make just one card we would be able to shine some light on over 2,400 breast cancer patients, and even more if the faculty of WHS choose to take part as well.

Everyone is welcome to make as many cards as their heart desires, and when finished can bring them by to any of the health science teachers located in the CTE wing.

To anyone that has ever battled the fight against breast cancer or is currently battling remember, “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve