Entrepreneur in the Making

By Kaylen Harding

Kaylen Harding, Staff Writer

For most teenagers, they go to school, hang out with friends, play a sport, or even work at a job. This brilliant and chic teen took it a step further and started her own jewelry business. Lily Sanchez, a sophomore at Waxahachie, was 13 when she found her passion for making jewelry and has continued to do so ever since.

“I was at a craft fair. I saw these bracelets that I wanted, but they were really expensive. I decided that I could make them myself,” said Sanchez.

Sanchez has sold over 300 pieces of jewelry. She makes rings, necklaces, bracelets, and so much more.

Sanchez states that making “jewelry makes her calm” and wearing jewelry “makes her outfits a lot better.”

Although balancing school and owning a business could be very hard, Sanchez always makes sure schoolwork comes first. Before she goes home and starts working on orders, she completes her homework. She organizes her time by getting off her phone and focusing solely on her business.

“I think people will be surprised about how much time they spend on their phones,” Sanchez said.

When designing each piece of jewelry, Sanchez always goes above and beyond. She makes sure it is filled with love and that it is personal to the person that is buying the piece.

Sanchez plans on continuing this business in the future, but she is also looking at other possibilities, such as event planning and other forms of entrepreneurship.