Cherokee Charmers tryouts

Trying out for the Cherokee Charmers.

Ariaun Gillespie, Writer

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to dance beneath the Friday Night Lights? To wear Waxahachie’s green and white in front of a proud and enthusiastic crowd? To shine below the dazzling stadium lights on a field cemented with pride, determination, teamwork, and school spirit. Well,  I have a group just for you: Waxahachie’s very own Cherokee Charmers. The Cherokee Charmers is the drill team at Waxahachie High. From performing synchronized dance routines at pep rallies to stealing the show at football games, the Charmers embody school spirit at every event. They are a proud part of Texas tradition, showcasing a wide variety of dance styles, techniques, and creative expressions. Luckily for students at WHS, this group of esteemed ladies is having tryouts for the 2022-2023 school year.

Tryouts for the Cherokee Charmers will be held from April 25th to the 30th at Waxahachie High School in the gyms. There you will meet a group of like-minded girls, ready to dance. Do not take it from me, take it from members happily a part of this respected organization.

“Charmers is a lot of fun!” senior lieutenant captain Victoria Borders said”You meet some of your best friends [here], and [you] are so involved in the school and community.”

Overall, joining the Cherokee Charmers for next year’s adventures will be a life-changing experience.

“[Joining the] Charmers…teaches discipline, self-motivation, and confidence, it allows people to experience and do things that they once doubted themselves in!” Captain, Somer Clark said. 

Therefore you should give it a thought about joining Waxahachie High’s beloved drill team.