Breaking News
The student news site of Waxahachie High School

The Arrow

The Arrow

The Arrow

Freshmen’s First Game Jitters

Anyone can get nervous before a performance, especially when one is about to perform in front of a crowd of nearly 5,000 people.

This Friday, besides the first football game, it is the first time the freshman band members march for a crowd. It is quiet a nerve-wracking, but also amazing, experience. There’s the thrill of putting on the uniform for the first time, hanging out with friends, performing for half-time, and all the fun things that occur in the stands.

“Well, I’m super excited but also a little nervous because I don’t want to mess up,” Freshman Lillyana Armstrong said.

“I’m really excited for how it’s all going to work out since it’s the first game,” Freshman Jacob Major said.

“Well, right now, I don’t feel nervous about Friday, but I know I will when I’m about to march,” Freshman Mallory Jones said.

“I’m really excited for them [the freshmen], it’s an amazing experience. I try to help them as much as I can and I really hope that this is something that they will always remember,” Senior Emma Cook said.

Since the beginning of August, the freshmen and the rest of the band have been hard at work preparing their show. Everyone is excited to show their talent during half-time. Its time for the long hours of practice to start paying off.