Junior Leads Class of 2022

Lexi Anguiano, Staff Writer

Junior Patrick Wray is no stranger to leadership. Patrick has worked very hard throughout his high school career to stay involved in the school. He is a natural-born leader, so deciding to run for junior class president was a no brainer for Patrick.

Patrick’s inspiration to run for class president stems from many sources, but ultimately he just really enjoys fulfilling a leadership role. He knew that becoming the junior class president would be a perfect chance to put his leadership skills to use. Beyond being junior class president, Patrick was sophomore class president, and he is also a part of the award-winning musical theater program at WHS.

Patrick’s sister, Morgan, was the president of her senior class, and Patrick said that she was a big inspiration when deciding to run for class president.

Also, Patrick’s father has a career in politics, which has further inspired Patrick to continue to challenge himself since his father has had such a difficult job.

Patrick knew that becoming class president wasn’t going to be easy, but he knew that he was capable of taking on this demanding role. Patrick said that he strives to have a good work ethic, which will help him to succeed in the position. Patrick knew that this would be a great opportunity to challenge his abilities as a leader and classmate.

Patrick said, “I think one of my biggest challenges will be adjusting annual events and traditions to fit this year’s COVID guidelines, but I know we can find a way to make it work.”

Following high school, Patrick plans to attend a four-year university and become an engineer. Patrick is a very hardworking student and caring classmate, making him an ideal class president. He really enjoys leading and playing a part in the student body, so he is very grateful to have the opportunity this year. Patrick is looking forward to a wonderful year and he is excited to get to work alongside his peers in order to better the school.