Preston Hendrick

Preston+Hendrick

Emma Sears, Staff Writer

Preston Hendrick is in his last year here at Waxahachie High School. He has spent most of his educational time here at Waxahachie Independent School District.  If you ask any of his friends they will tell you he is a bubbly, sweet, and very funny person who never fails to put a smile on your face when you are around him.

“He’s a great friend and an amazing guy, and I’m super lucky to call him my best friend,” one of Hendrick’s best friends, senior Jair Gonzalez, said.

One thing Hendrick is known for is his car, a green and white 1979 Chrysler Cordoba named Bocephus. His car is one of his pride and joys.

“My car is so special to me because it has always been a part of my life, ever since I was first born,” Hendrick said. “I love being able to drive it, and it is just a beautiful car.”

He got it from his grandfather about two years ago, and it has taken him those two years to get it as “boujee” as he wanted it to be. Even though it took him a while to be able to get it all fixed up, he can drive it all around now.

Hendrick also plays the trombone in the Spirit Of Waxahachie Indian Band. He is in the Wind Ensemble and is going to be featured in this year’s marching show. Even though it is his last year in the band program and it is different because of Covid-19, he has not failed to make some great memories, from the summer band rehearsals to the first football game.

When asked about his experience as a part of the Waxahachie Band, Hendricks said, “Being able to be in the band has really taught me responsibility and has given me some of my favorite memories of high school.”

Outside of school, Hendrick has many hobbies like working his car and hanging out with his friends.