Breaking News
The student news site of Waxahachie High School

The Arrow

The Arrow

The Arrow

Claypool hired as new assistant Charmer director

Mrs. Claypool has recently joined the WHS staff as assistant coach of the Cherokee Charmers, head coach of the Maidens JV Drill Team, and continues to be a history teacher of AP Macroeconomics. 

“I took the assistant job to be with Mrs. Wilcox,” Claypool said. “I also wanted to coach more than one team.” 

Mrs. Claypool replaced former assistant Charmer coach, head Maiden coach, and history teacher: Mrs.Ramirez who had worked at WHS for over a decade.

“The transition was seamless.” head Charmer director Erica Pointer-Wilcox said. “I’ve known her since 2012 and had previously worked with her for American Dance and Drill Team (ADTS), so we are very familiar with each other.”

Along with the Cherokee Charmers, Mrs. Claypool coaches her own team: the WHS Maidens JV Drill Team.

“Having Mrs. Claypool as the new Maidens coach is like having another mother that uses tough love to push us to do our best,” Maidens Head Sergeant and veteran Bianca Ovalle said.

In addition, Mrs. Claypool manages the Cherokee Charmer Drill Team Council (DTC). 

“Having Claypool makes for way easier communication when it comes to DTC,” DTC President Avianna Castillo said. “Our goal for DTC is for the girls to develop a forever bond with each other, and Claypool helps us accomplish that.”