Lighting Up Lumpkins

The Waxahahcie Indian’s first home game of the season was full of excitement, teamwork, and lots of school spirit as the team beat the Azle Hornets 66-21. It did not take long for the Indians to start the show. On only their second play of the game, Jordan Kitna threw a deep pass to Kenedy Snell for a quick 7-0 lead. After another Kitna touchdown pass to Jalen Reagor and a Trey Jackson punt return, the Indians lead 21-0 at the conclusion of the first quarter. Both the players and the crowd knew this was going to be a successful game for the Indians. They continued to dominate the second quarter as Reagor and Devan Brady both caught touchdowns and Roberto Perez kicked a field goal for a 38-7 halftime lead over the Hornets.

Sandwiched between two halves of an intense game was an electrifying performance by one of the state’s top bands, the Spirit of Waxahachie Band. They definitely put on a great performance along with the Color Guard and Cherokee Charmers. The student section was full of school spirit as they cheered for the team and all the performers. The students also showed their spirit by throwing pounds of baby powder in the air to celebrate the lead of the Indians in the first half.

In the second half of the game, Kitna threw a touchdown pass to Justin Haines and Eris Miles. Keondric Jones and Kenedy Snell all had rushing touchdowns, leading the Indians to their 66-21 victory over Azle. The Indians are undefeated and preparing for their toughest game of the season as they take on the defending State Champions, the Ennis Lions in the thrilling annual “Battle of 287” game.