Expect to Win

The Waxahachie Indians baseball team has had quite a season this spring with a record of 9-3 in district play and 14-7-2 overall.So far this season the Indians have strung together 93 hits which has given them a total of 94 runs. In their district they have only lost to Red Oak and Summit. With a lot of competition in their district, the Indians have three big games coming up. They faced Mansfield Lake Ridge Friday and one of their biggest rivals Mansfield Legacy Saturday April 23rd at Legacy at 1. The biggest and final game of the Indians’ season will be played against the district leaders Ennis. Junior Damian Ortiz said, “I already want to beat them bad because they are one of our biggest rivals, but when it comes to family competition with my brother being a coach for them it just makes the meaning of the game even bigger.” If the Indians can maintain their win streak and beat their upcoming competition, then they are guaranteed a spot in playoffs. Senior Sean Moore said, “Making the playoffs will be important and mean a lot to me because I play the game for Brittian Cupp and everything I do in baseball is for him.” The Indians continue to work hard every day and are working toward that state championship to bring back to their school.