New School Time Schedule

9:46
9:46

The state has passed a law changing the amount of time you have to be at school from 180 days to 75,600 minutes. Waxahachie High School used this to change the time schedule during the day. In doing this, school will be released for summer early.

They have added ten minutes to the start of the day, one minute to each passing period, ten minutes to tribe time and five minutes to the end of the day.

With the new changes also came an uproar from the students, both good and bad.

“The school day is sadly longer, but I enjoy having more time in tribe time and passing periods,” said Junior Slade Carter, “I thought it was a smart idea, but the only bad thing is having a longer day.”

The state decided to do this because if they change the amount of days students have to be at school to minutes you can just extend half days if both bad weather days were used rather than adding extra days to the end of the school year.

It was much easier for the state because too many schools were asking to have extra days, and it is easier to extend a half day rather than adding a full day to the end of the school year.

With all these sudden changes it has affected many people including

students and faculty.

“All these changes are somewhat overwhelming but I’m happy with getting out early for the summer,” said Sophomore Henry Harris,”And I wish some of the time could’ve been added to other things like lunch and morning tutoring.”