2018-2019 Waxahachie Marching Band Program Revealed

On Monday, April 2, the concept for the Spirit of Waxahachie Indian Marching Band’s 2018 show was revealed. There was a huge poster in the band hall for all the band members to see once they returned from the three day Easter weekend. No one thought that any show could top the State bronze medal placing show “Serpentine”, but soon, they may be proved wrong.

The program for the 2018-2019 Spirit of Waxahachie marching show is called “The Conquest”, with music selections from Janet Jackson’s “Rhythm Nation” and the hit movie “Rocky”. With other music selections from “Trittico” and “Heroes Lost and Fallen”, this show is shaping up to be very competitive and impactful. “The Conquest” is going to be a very unique show that is meant to stand out compared to other competitors. “This will be the most competitive show, even more competitive than ‘Serpentine’, that Waxahachie has ever done,” Director Mr. Armstrong said.

The Waxahachie band will be making their 6A debut with “The Conquest”, which is sure to be a head turner for many people. The band program is excited for the new high school and the 2018-2019 school year. With all the new advances, the band program will also be changing their look. The marching band will be getting brand new uniforms for the new school year. “I was surprised when I saw the new uniform for the first time. The green looks really cool along with our new hats,” Sophomore Allyssa Fisher said.  The band program wants to do everything they can to insure the best results with “The Conquest”.

“The Conquest” is a very powerful and strong program, with many appealing visual aspects. All the band members cannot wait to see how the show will look when put into action. “I’m waiting to see the show out on the field to see what all it is going to look like,” Sophomore Eric Speelman said. Everyone is on the edge of their seats to see what this show has to offer. This program is going to be a new starting point for the band on their journey through the 6A district. Every person must come prepared to see the uprising of the Waxahachie band in their “Conquest”.