Cowboys Bounce Back In Win Over Arizona Cardinals

It seemed that after week one the Dallas Cowboys would start right where they left off from last season, yet problems would ensue as Dallas simply got crushed against one of the top defenses in the league, the Denver Broncos. Both second-year stars, Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott, would have one of the worst games of their careers so far with Prescott throwing for 238 yards on 30/50 passing and adding two touchdowns and interceptions each. Elliott would get eight rushing yards on nine carries with no touchdowns, yet Jason Witten put on another solid game with 97 receiving yards and one touchdown added to his stat line. With this game behind them, fans only had one question for America’s Team, do the Cowboys have what it takes to turn it around?

The Arizona Cardinals also came into this game with a record of 1-1 and seemed to still be reeling from their overtime win against the Indianapolis Colts in overtime as the Cardinals would get an early touchdown thanks to Carson Palmer throwing a 25-yard pass to receiver Jaron Brown. It seemed evident that the Cowboys defense would struggle in this game as they were allowing Arizona to get easy yards against the Cowboys dreaded defense but things would then change after the second half as Arizona only scored one touchdown out of two total for the team. Future Hall of Famer Larry Fitzgerald had an amazing game with 149 receiving yards on 13 catches and one touchdown, running back David Johnson only had 22 yards on 5 attempts, and Carson Palmer had 325 yards on 29/48 throws and two touchdowns.

With the loss to the Broncos behind, the Cowboys looked to turn it all the way around, yet with a struggling defense apparent in the first half it seemed it was going to be another loss added to the Cowboys’ list, however the second quarter would see a different side of Dallas as Dak Prescott would get an impressive rushing touchdown to tie the game going into the second half. This is all that Dallas needed as the half was all Cowboys with star receiver Dez Bryant getting a 15-yard touchdown from Prescott and a 37-yard pass to second-year receiver Brice Butler. Dak Prescott finished the game with 183 yards on 13/18 throws and two touchdowns, Ezekiel Elliott had a much better game from before with 80 rushing yards and a touchdown and 14 receiving yards combining for 94 total yards.

The Cowboys played the LA Rams Sunday losing 35-30 with a record of 2-2. The Rams now have a record of 3-1. Dallas plays the Green Bay Packers, who are 3-1, next Sunday .