Lady Indian softball heads to playoffs

Kylee Raney, Staff Writer

The 2022, Waxahachie Lady Indian softball team left first round of district 6-1 leaving the Lady Indians in a good position in district and placing them into playoffs. The Waxahachie softball team has faced a lot of challenges this season, but that hasn’t stopped them from working hard!

The Lady Indians started their season March 8, against Midway High School winning 1-0 for the second time recorded in Coach Howell’s career as the the softball coach.

The Indians put up a fight against Lake Ridge High School on March 11 although, it was a close game leaving with a score of 4-5.

The Lady Indians played hard against the other teams in district for the first round and won them all. During the second round of district, The Indians played Midway and Lake Ridge again and lost against Midway with a close score of 0-1, and won against Lake Ridge with a score of 3-0.

Last week, the Indians faced Cedar Hill and Duncanville, winning both games leaving the Indians 9-2 in the district. With only three more games to play against Waco High, Desoto, and Mansfield, the 2022 Waxahachie Lady Indian Softball district is coming to an end. However, it’s not over yet!! The Indians will continue to play in playoffs after the district is over.