Breaking News
The student news site of Waxahachie High School

The Arrow

The Arrow

The Arrow

Indians continue quest for playoff spot in tough district

The football team is continuing district play this week after two tough losses to DeSoto and Duncanville but came back with a big victory against Mansfield Legacy last Friday.

Even though the team won the first three non-district games, there are still worries about how to move the ball downfield offensively.

“Our team was senior-heavy last year, ” junior Bryson Linnear said. “Now being an immature team, we need to work more offensively together to move the ball downfield in order to be at our best for districts.”

The players have high hopes for districts and want to go “undefeated in district games and also hopes to make it to state” senior Jace Williams said.

The coaches are still very optimistic about this season and hope to go far.

“Practice better and be more focused,” Coach Morales said.

The coaches know there are some challenges for districts and there are some downfalls because of the tough opponents they face.

“Staying healthy, handling the ups and downs, and trying to get %1 better every day,” Morales said.
Both the coaches and players believe that our toughest competition this year will be Duncanville.
The players need to put in the work to come out and be able to beat the toughest competition.

“We should work on canceling out mistakes, offensively we need to work on holding and false start calls”, Williams said. “Defensively need to work on not being offsides and face mask calls”.

The players and coaches believe that if they put the work in and come together as one, they can extend the season far into the playoffs.

“The ultimate goal is the state championship in Dec.,” said Linnear.

The coaches know that “the future is bright for WHS football” coach Morales said. They are confident that the players if they work hard, can get as far as the Texas high school football state championship.

The football team is infamous for the traditions in that fuel the players to be able to make it so far in the season.

“The tradition Waxahachie football has is nothing like any other school,” Moore said.