Breaking News
The student news site of Waxahachie High School

The Arrow

The Arrow

The Arrow

Whatever It Takes

Indians start their postseason quest for state championship
Senior+quarterback+Ramon+McKinney+avoids+the+defender+against+Grand+Prairie.+McKinney+has+thrown+for+almost+600+yards+and+rushed+for+that+many+as+well+while+leading+the+team+with+11+touchdowns.+
Senior quarterback Ramon McKinney avoids the defender against Grand Prairie. McKinney has thrown for almost 600 yards and rushed for that many as well while leading the team with 11 touchdowns.

The football team is continuing their season with their bi-district playoff game tonight in Hewitt, Texas against the 5-5 Waco Midway Panthers.

The team has had a great season with an 8-2 record and the players are super stoked about the playoffs but it feels normal to them.

“It feels good but it’s normal at this point to be going into the playoffs,” said Senior Jermy Jackson Jr. 

The special thing about this team is their ability to be one unit and they are different from any other teams because they are able to face adversity and come out together on the other side. 

“Our team has a bond and brotherhood that is like no other team and when it comes time to play, we play together as one to get the job done,” said Freshman Jayquan Snell

The seniors are pumped because this is their last chance to prove they can go out and win but the team has one freshman who has never played in such a big game. 

“It’s exciting because this is my first time playing on a big stage,” said Snell. “I am just happy that the team made it to the playoffs.”

Defense is a big part of this team’s success this year. They have come through on many stops and turnovers which has led us to big wins. 

“The defense has been playing good all year and we have a good turnover ratio, if we continue to play together we will go out and get the win,” said Snell

But the defense still has some struggles and the challenge is going to be reducing the amount of penalties and missed tackle opportunities.   

“Flags and missed tackles will be the defense’s biggest issues but if we minimize them we will be able to come home with a bi-district win,” said Jackson Jr. 

The team hopes to continue the postseason run after tonight and make it past the third round, where they unfortunately lost last year. This team is special and they will do “Whatever It Takes” to get what they want. *Whatever It Takes is this year’s team motto, W.I.T*