Top Ten Albums of 2017

2017 is coming to a end! The charts are filling up, and the results are coming in. This year has been an amazing year for music of all genres. Ranging from hip-hop to pop to electronic music.

# 10 : ‘More Life’, Drake

For his tenth ‘album’ he decided to market his project as a ‘playlist with a barcode’. More life has a lot of features including: Giggs, Sampha, Quavo, Travis scott, Black Coffee, Jorja Smith, 2 Chainz, Young Thug, Kanye West, and PARTYNEXTDOOR. The playlist has a total of 22 songs, lasting 81 minutes

# 9 : ‘Freudian’, Daniel Caesar

This is only Daniel’s second album of his career. This record is considered ‘marriage proposal music’, it is an album more about love than lust. The album is completed wih 10 songs, lasting 45 minutes.

# 8 : ‘Luv Is Rage 2’, Lil Uzi Vert

Lil Uzi Vert broke out in 2017, surprisingly. With the hit single ‘XO TOUR Llife3’ taking over the summer season of the year. The album is completed with 20 songs and lasts 69 meetings.

# 7 : ‘Culture’, Migos 

It was a big year for the rap group Migos. With their album ‘Culture’ produced by Donald Glover a.k.a. Childish Gambino. The album came with the hits, T-Shirt, Bad and Boujee, and Slippery. The album is completed with 13 songs, lasting 58 minutes.

# 6 : ‘Flower Boy’, by Tyler, The Creator

This is his fourth studio album since 2011. This album shows how much Tyler has evolved since his album ‘Goblin’. This album was released in the summer and was home of the hit ‘911 / Mr.Lonely ‘. Flower Boy is completed with 14 songs, lasting 47 minutes.

# 5 : ‘Process’, by Sampha

Process is Sampha’s first studio album. He took an electric/pop genre route with the album. The album has its own hits such as, ‘Blood On Me’, and ‘Plastic 100 C’. The album is completed with 10 songs lasting 40 minutes.

# 4 : ‘HNDRXX’, by Future

Within the first 2 weeks of his self-titled project, the album is a master statement of soulful. The album includes features from The Weekend, Rihanna, Chris Brown, and Nicki Minaj. HNDRXX is completed with 19 songs, lasting 77 minutes

# 3 : ‘Ctrl’, by SZA

The 49 minute long album with 14 songs is the best R&B album of the year. Containing the hit ‘Love Galore’ (feat. Travis Scott). Also, another artist later featured on this list Kendrick Lamar is featured on the song ‘Doves In the Wind’.

# 2 : ‘4:44’, by JAY-Z

Hov a.k.a. Jay-Z released his 13th album June 30. The title track ‘Kill Jay Z’ is a song detailing the regret he feels for the pain he’s caused to his loved ones. This album is his 13th, yes thirteenth studio album. The album is completed with 10 songs, lasting 36 minutes.

# 1 : ‘DAMN.’, by Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar’s fourth studio album show the most important thing K-Dot could show to his fans – growth. Now at the ending of the year Kendrick is revealing the album is listed backwards. Kendrick has came a long way in his musical career. His work deserves the number one album of the year. ‘DAMN.’ is completed with 14 songs, lasting 55 minutes.